12/14/17

Scarlet Bloom

Hello sweethearts!

I am super excited to bring a new blog post for you after such a long time, especially because it is a review of a gorgeous dress so I had a chance to get in front of a camera and do what I love after a long working summer. I'm very impatient, so let's get started!

My love for 40's era is huge so adding another beautiful 40's inspired reproduction dress to my closet was pure joy. This one is from Pretty Retro, an exciting British brand of retro/vintage styled womenswear primarily influenced by 1940s and 1950s fashion and sister brand to The House of Foxy.


I wear Pretty Retro dress in 40's Tea style. This style is available in 3 new different prints (on Pretty Retro site this style is available in 7 prints!), one more beautiful than the other. Mine is called Scarlet Bloom 🌹


Since I live in Zagreb now, the process of organizing a photo shoot and creating a look was a little complicated. Half of my stuff are still at my parent's house which is 3 hour drive away. So I told my mom to come and bring me all of my red and white accessories (sorry mom 😅).


I had a classic look with hair snood and gloves in my mind but when I put the dress on the feeling it gave me was completely different, I guess you can see why- it's pure va-va-voom 🔥
So I ditched the snood and lace gloves, put my red pumps and let the dress do all the talk.


First that draws attention is the bustline, obviously. Gathered details pulled into a sweetheart shape by fabric tabs at each side are here to create an enviable bust on every gal. Ribbon at the end of the V cut is also a nice touch that you can let loose or tie into a bow.


I love the cute flutter sleeves which falls nicely because of lightweight 100% polyester scarlet floral print material. Fabric is non stretch but due to style of dress it will form itself naturally according to body shape. I wear a size UK12 that fits 38" bust, 30" waist and 39" hip.


Tea style dress fits my usual size so I would say it is true to size but if you are undecided, choose by hip size because gathers above and below bust are accommodating of different size busts and cut over waist and hip means it will also expand to fit.


The dress suprised me with one unusual (for me) detail- no zip or fastenings! I was initially intimidated but due to bias style it is enough to just pull it over your head.


The design of this dress seems simple but bust details add a lot of fancy to it, so  it is suitable for everyday wear and also for nice summer evening dinner. I find it very adaptable for a lot of occasions, just change some accessories like jewelry or bag.


Since the print is floral and has a lot of vibrant colors the possibilities for accessorising are countless- from plain white cardigan and white lace gloves with white hair snood to pink, green or yellow shoes and jewelry. Or even inconspicuous brown or black shoes and bag for a more toned down look (we all know how wearing vintage style can attract many curious views).


If you want to se more of this dress and how I will style it in the future find me and follow on Instagram → @eleanor_rebel



 Oh and one more great thing! If you are not a dress addict like myself, Pretty Retro also offers an amazing 1940's & 1950's inspired blouses, shirts, jersey tops and cardigans, swing pants, capris, skirts, knitwear and best of all- gift vouchers! Now you are ready for a holiday shoping 🎁


OOTD details:
Dress- Pretty 40s Tea Dress in Scarlet Bloom
Shoes- eBay


Order your Pretty Retro frock here: http://www.prettyretro.co.uk/
Also don't forget to like Pretty Retro on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prettyretroclothing/
and follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prettyretroclothing/


This is all for now. I'm looking forward to blogging next year and hope you will read my posts in 2018. Wishing you all a nice and warm holiday season 💕


Love, Eleanor
                           xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to see a new blog post from you again! :)
    I love these 1940's style dresses, they're really beautiful! It looks so great on you to! xo

    ReplyDelete